The International Munich Paper Symposium was, for the first time, held entirely online as a digital conference. This was not planned and had to happend due to the coronavirus pandemic. After the online conference, however, the feedback was positive throughout.
To move the conference to a later date was not possible because the earliest alternatives would have been in November. The autumn is already crowded with other deferred paper conferences. Furthermore, such a late date would already encroach on the 30th IMPS on the 10-12 March 2021, the next symposium.
Consequently, the only alternative would have been to cancel the conference. This would have been a bitter disappointment for the authors who invested so much already. In addition it would not have been possible to fulfill the primary purpose of the IMPS, which is to annually communicate the latest expert knowledge.
The following is an anonymised exceprt from the numerous feedback we received (most feedback occured in German):
- Again, thank you very much for the excellent online organisation
- Thank you very much for a successful seminar. You have made history and it was nice to be a part of it!
- I followed the presentations online with great interest. I congratulate you on how quickly you realised this new format. Apart from the missing personal contacts it was, again, a great event.
- Also from my side a clear "well done"! An outstanding realisation in a very short time.
- Thank you very much for the successful organization of the on-line event! It was an excellent choice for the current situation.